DENTAL IMPLANTS: A BETTER WAY TO REPLACE TEETH
Dental implants, a majority of the time, are the most predictable and desirable option to replace a single tooth or multiple teeth. They provide individuals with restored function and a long-term, esthetically pleasing result and with more comfort than alternative options. Before implants were available, patients chose bridges, partial dentures, and full dentures for the replacement of missing teeth. If interested in dental implants, a referral is not necessary. Patients can contact us directly.
In our practice, David Paulson, DDS, MS has received additional training in the preparation, placement, and maintenance of dental implants including a three-year residency at the University of Minnesota. He continues to enhance his skills through continuing education and leads a local dental study group. We use onsite advanced 3-D imaging, provide personalized care tailored to each patient’s needs, and consistently experience long-term success with our dental implants.
Some of the benefits:
- They act and feel like natural teeth and, with proper maintenance, dental implants can last a lifetime.
- They have no risk of developing cavities.
- Unlike a bridge, dental implants do not rely on adjacent teeth for the support thus reducing stress on natural teeth. In addition, the abutment teeth used to support a bridge must be reduced to fit a crown over the natural tooth. Why compromise two teeth to replace one if it isn’t necessary?
- They can also be placed to support a bridge and eliminate the need for a partial denture.
- Unhappy with a loose or ill-fitting denture? Again, dental implants could be the answer. Multiple implants can be placed to support a full denture.
- Maintains facial structure and appearance.